Books, Video & Audio Resources and More
Use the Library Catalogue to find books on your topic. Start with a KEYWORD search using words and phrases that describe your topic.
When you find a book that addresses your topic well, make note of the SUBJECTS assigned to it. They will be useful in finding more information on the same topic. Here are some examples of SUBJECTS that may be useful in your research for this course (click on the links to perform a search in the Douglas College Library catalogue):
- English Language -- Study and Teaching as a Second Language
- English Language -- Textbooks for Foreign Speakers
- English Language -- Conversation and Phrase Books
- Language and Languages -- Pronunciation
- Language and Languages -- Study and Teaching
- Second Language Acquisition
Search the Reserves collection for material that has been put on short term loan by your instructor.
To find fiction and abridged classics suitable for EASL learners, use these links to the Douglas College Library's collection: